Brandy is a kind of spirit distilled from wine or brewed fruit juice that produces 30-60% alcohol. Brandy can be produced from different fruits such as grapes, apples, and peach.
It can also be refined from any liquid that accommodates sugar. Brandy is known to be the most popular spirit used in bars.
The name Brandy is originally a Dutch name, which means" burnt wine." Brandies are simple to produce.
Brandy is of different types. Many people think Brandy and whiskey are the same, but they are two completely different spirits.
The distillation of fermented fruit juice produces Brandy, the distillation of fermented grain squash produces whiskey. Brandy is consumed as a light drink or served as a cocktail drink with vodka and grenadine or many other beverages.
Many people seem to enjoy Brandy and rum during the cold seasons. But does Brandy go bad? Let take a look at the shelf life of Brandy.
- This E&J brandy comes with a screw cap for easy opening and secure closure
- Smooth with notes of apple and toasted oak and hints of vanilla and spice
- Enjoy straight, over ice or with your favorite mixer
- America's most award winning brandy
- 80 proof, 40 percent alcohol by volume
Does Brandy Go Bad? How Long Does Brandy Last?
Spirits like Brandy tend to evaporate faster than water. So yes, if a Brandy is not stored correctly, it can lose its flavor over time.
Unlike other drinks or food, Brandy can be stored for a surprisingly very long time. It says that Brandy can be stored for an indefinite time if kept unopened and stored correctly.
Brandy does not go rancid quickly because of the high alcohol contained in Brandy. If you intend on storing Brandy for the later years to come, make sure to store it in a calm and dark place, away from the light and heat.
Because when Brandy is exposed to heat and light, it speeds up the oxidation process, thus degrading its quality.
Always store Brandy in an airtight container. Brandy that comes on corked bottles may not last as long as those that come in tightly sealed jars.
Because corked bottles slightly lead passage for oxygen and over time leading to oxidation. Oxidation leads to a decrease in pigmentation, aroma, and flavor.
Even if a Brandy has been un-bottled, there are still chances that it can be stored indefinitely. That is, only if Brandy has been stored in the right place and at the right temperature. However, the original taste and quality of the Brandy may change in time once opened.
The quality of Brandy deteriorates because the compounds present in Brandy undergo oxidization due to exposure to oxygen. As a result, changing its flavor and leading to bacterial infection.
- Dark gold. Light to medium bodied. Mild. Mandarin orange, toasted almond. Easy, delicate, very fruity style
- One of the oldest, best selling American spirits created in 1940
- Aged for 2-6 years in used Bourbon barrels
- Distilled using pot still production method
How to Tell if Brandy is Bad? Brandy Shelf Life!
Any liquor that contains 10 to 12 percent alcohol tends to spoil faster than any liquor that contains an alcohol level above 40 percent. Since Brandy has high alcohol content, it does not quickly go rancid.
But Brandy is known to be susceptible to oxidation and evaporation so it can degrade in quality and lead to spoilage if not stored properly. Here is how you can tell if Brandy has gone wrong:
- This wine rack organizer doesn't need assembly, just stack them up. Store 12 standard wine bottles (750ML) up to 3.5" in diameter.
- Simple pragmatism suits your space style. Perfect for bar, wine cellar, kitchen, basement, etc.
- 17.5"W x 6.7"D x 12.9"H, you can put in the cabinet or countertop as a storage shelf. And each rack can be used alone or stacked.
- Wave design and solid construction to prevent wobbling, tilting, or falling, keep bottles stable and make the corks fully moisturized so your wine stays fresh.
- Built by sturdy steel with powder static electricity spray finished.
Anything consumed beyond the limit can be harmful to our bodies. Brandy contains much medicinal value. If consumed the right way, Brandy can help boosts your immune system.
And it has anti-bacterial properties too! Are you someone who has trouble sleeping? Try taking Brandy.
It can help you get a sound sleep. One great property of Brandy is that it can reduce the risk of cancer and slows down aging. Overall, Brandy has a lot of usages and is highly beneficial for our health.